One female dog and her off spring can produce 67,000 puppies in six years. One female cat and her offspring can produce 420,000 kittens in seven years. 8 to 12 million animals enter shelters annually. 35 to 60% are euthanized. PLEASE spay and neuter.
PLEASE CLICK AND HELP.
10 Worst Excuses Not to Spay or Neuter Your Pet
1. Just one litter and then we'll have Fluffy spayed. (Studies show that virtually the entire pet overpopulation stems from the "just one litter mentality.")
2. My dog doesn't run loose, so he doesn't need to be fixed. (Murphy's Law says otherwise.)
3. We always find homes for the kittens. (And that means that an equal number of kittens at the pound will be killed.)
4. I want the children to witness the miracle of birth. (Are you then going to take your children to the pound to watch those puppies be euthanized so they can witness the tragedy of death? Rent a video.)
5. My dog is so cute and unique, there should be more of her. (The shelters and pounds are full of cute and unique dogs, most with only a few days to live.)
6. It's not natural. (There hasn't been anything "natural" about dogs since we began to develop breeds thousands of years ago.)
7. I just couldn't look my dog in the eye if I had him castrated. (Your dog doesn't have a sense of gender in the way that humans do. He/she will not know that you have removed their sexual organs.)
8. A female dog or cat should have at least one litter for health reason. (Medically,factually, and ethically indefensible.)
9.Neutering my dog will make him fat and lazy. (Too much food and not enough excercise make a dog fat and lazy)
10.Fixing my pet will change it's personality. (The main influences on an animal's personality are the kindness and care with which it is raised)